Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 16 Jun 2019, 11:10
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
How to send ID and PW to network printer in 64-bit Bionic 8?
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
rameshiyer

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jun 2019, 11:04    Post subject:  How to send ID and PW to network printer in 64-bit Bionic 8?  

I was not able take printout from my Network printer. There is no prompt for ID and Password in my Bionic 8 (64bit). I don’t know the cause of the problem. Is it because of authentication issue or some other issue or both. In windows I have to provide department id and password for taking printout. The printer is secured by id and password. Without authentication i cannot take printout.

Even after my trail and error method, I didn't able to take any printout from my network printer.( Canon IR 4225)

The printer is a Canon IR (immage runner) Advance 4225 is connected to socket :\\192.168.1.28 and port No. 9100.

In Bionic, I can apparently add the printer and by searching for network printers. I have also installed v3.70 canon printer driver (deb. 64BIT)

The printer shows up, and I can apparently send it print jobs, and it reports having completed them. 

However, nothing prints.

I suspect this is because the printer requires an ID and password to print to it. E.g., when I print to the same printer from Windows, whenever I send it a print job, a box appears requesting my ID and password, and nothing similar happens here. I can't find anywhere to tell it to prompt me for that. and the option to "Authenticate" any job is never present. Is it required any another compatible Debian files.

I am required to take print out my network printer. Now I feel fish out of water. I cannot do more with my limited knowledge. Please help me with simple solutions. I would be grateful to all of you if i could take print out my network printer.
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Jump to: