sharing code on the wiki...

Helping keep Puppy well documented
puppyfan12

sharing code on the wiki...

#1 Post by puppyfan12 »

I was wondering if anyone was aware of the Grab Code Handler feature of the wiki?

It looks like a very good way to share ash/bash scripts and other code snippets for puppy development.
Joe D.

puppyfan12

#2 Post by puppyfan12 »

Yes, this double post is to shamelessly bump my thread. :oops:

I'm wonder who runs the puppylinux.org wiki? Is that Barry's site? Whoever runs it...if they update the wiki software to the lastest version, all those code download blocks will automatically work with existing posts.

I have an example on my server:
http://skypilot.dopper.net/SkyPilotScripts

It makes it easy for anyone to share/download useful bash scripts by posting in the following format to the wiki:

%%
<script text here>
%%
Joe D.

John Doe

#3 Post by John Doe »

I have some scripts examples here:

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/ShellScriptsExamples

Over time, I noticed that included #/bin/sh on every line added another whole page when I printed it so I took them out.

That feature you mention might be useful in many cases. I think Lobster manages the wiki. I don't know who actually runs it (maybe him also).

J_Rey

#4 Post by J_Rey »

When you are editing a page, you can click on the Help button to load the Wikka Formatting Guide, which has info on how best to implement the code formatting already mentioned.

Barry is the one hosting it but Lobster is the wiki admin, FYI.

puppyfan12

#5 Post by puppyfan12 »

Thanks for the links guys...wow the new formatting rules in Wikka Wakka Wiki 1.1.6.2 make it a lot more powerful that 1.1.6.0 (currently used on puppylinux.org). For the scripts you can specify filename, type of code as well as which lines of code you're displaying...all complete with syntax highlighting and scrollable code for long lines that hang off the page...

checkout a few examples I've updated here
Joe D.