Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 22 Oct 2019, 10:40
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Install a second puppy on the same usb stick????
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Fanofscifi

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr 2019, 11:52    Post subject:  Install a second puppy on the same usb stick????  

Hello everyone. I hope you're doing fine. So I have Bionicpup 8 64bits with a UEFI frugal install on my USB stick. It's running flawlessly. I wanted to try Stretchdog on another USB stick but my pc doesn't recognize it on startup because there's no UEFI option to install it. So I was wondering. Is it possible to install Stretchdog on the same USB stick as Bionicpup and have it appear on the existing bootloader???

Thanks in advance
s243a

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:59    Post subject: Re: Install a second puppy on the same usb stick????  

Fanofscifi wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope you're doing fine. So I have Bionicpup 8 64bits with a UEFI frugal install on my USB stick. It's running flawlessly. I wanted to try Stretchdog on another USB stick but my pc doesn't recognize it on startup because there's no UEFI option to install it. So I was wondering. Is it possible to install Stretchdog on the same USB stick as Bionicpup and have it appear on the existing bootloader???

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure about UEFI partions but in general you can. Just copy files in the ISO to a folder and point to it in your bootloader menu. If you use grub4dos this is easy but as far as I know grub for dos doesn't work with UEFI.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr 2019, 14:43    Post subject:  

What's your existing bootloader? What specifically does menu.lst or grub.cfg or whatever bootloader your USB-Key uses to offer Bionicpup64 as an operating system to boot into? Provide the entire listing for it.

See this recipe from James Bond: http://blog.puppylinux.com/?page=3. But, I've just realized you were interested in stretchdog, not dpup-stretch. It's probably best to ask on the stretch do thread how to boot it from a UEFI computer.
oui

Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) - 3 PC's: DELL SX280 750 MB Pentium4, Acer emachines 2 GB AMD64. DELL XPS15

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr 2019, 17:27    Post subject: Re: Install a second puppy on the same usb stick????  

Fanofscifi wrote:

a- what is your boat loader on each stick (and is it the same one for both or did you prepare one stick using the dd tool and the other using grub-PC or grub4dos? are some configurations file texts available (the extract concerning each is enough in a first time to indicate us how both sticks pincipialy start!)

b- how are you starting the dog? With the Debian starting procedure out /live/... or an other way?
bigpup

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr 2019, 18:01    Post subject:  

Could try using this program.
FrugalPup installer
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114340

Just make sure to read carefully as you use the program.
It has several options for doing things.

Just make sure to select the USB flash drive as the place to put everything.

It offers options to use several different boot loader setups.
One of them being for normal UEFI booting.
Just be carefull about which option you choose.

oui

Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) - 3 PC's: DELL SX280 750 MB Pentium4, Acer emachines 2 GB AMD64. DELL XPS15

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr 2019, 18:48    Post subject:  

https://theartofmachinery.com/2016/04/21/partitioned_live_usb.html Wink
Fanofscifi

PostPosted: Sun 21 Apr 2019, 04:38    Post subject:  

Thanks a lot for all your answers guys. Great community, as always
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: