Need BionicPup with Compiz

Using applications, configuring, problems
pp4mnklinux

Need BionicPup with Compiz

#1 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

I'm working with 5 groups of students from 6 to 15 year old (125) and I wanna teach them to use puppy linux.

The biggest problem I found is make it atractive for them, because they are used to a lot of graphics and presentations.

I know if I achive this presentation, lot of them are going to go into puppy, so that's the reason to my "demand"

Can any of u (my knowledge is not so high as to do it) make a BionicPup with Compiz (some time ago, one of u made a Compiz Puppy Version , CompizPup-14.10.00-s6-nopae.iso https://osdn.net/projects/sfnet_lxpup/d ... nopae.iso/, and I use it with my puppils, but I wanna update it, and I can't.

Please, I hope some of u can do this, and consider as the best u can do to improve puppy linux use, because I'M COMPLETELY SURE, with this a lot of students are going to use this distro.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

puppyluvr

#2 Post by puppyluvr »

:) Hello,
There is a compiz package available for tahrpup 605 in quickpet that could probably be adapted to run on upupbb.
I would test for you but I don't currently have a machine capable of running compiz...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

p310don

#3 Post by p310don »

I am not sure about Bionic. I know there is a easy to use sfs file for compiz in the latest Fatdog.

Perhaps as part of your teaching program, you could get the older kids to build a Puppy (of some version) to their liking for the younger kids. Rather than give them something with all the bells and whistles, give them something basic and some instructions on how to customise & improve it to their liking.

Depending on the depth of what you're doing, that might also give them an opportunity to see the difference in performance that bells and whistles create.

Max Headroom

#4 Post by Max Headroom »

I've installed Compiz & CompizConfig Settings Manager via the Puppy Package Manager in LX upupbb 19.03 frugal on a Dell Latitude E6400 w/ NVidia Quadro NVS 160M Graphics, 4 Gb RAMemory, & 2.53 GHz intel Core2 Duo & Dual Booting w/ M$ Virus Magnet 7 Pro for my 9 year old Daughter, But it's Not working,... Please Help!

;-\K
Attachments
compiz.png
(62.4 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
PC is Not Political Correctness :P , it's a Personal Computer! Boycott the Evil M$ & Google!