Intel 9260 Wi-Fi setup

Moat

#41 Post by Moat »

RimsOnAToaster wrote:I'm a Barramundi Farmer...
I just looked that up - very cool... and good on ya'! :) I look forward to trying it someday soon - sounds yummy; https://www.thebetterfish.com/

Bob

RimsOnAToaster

#42 Post by RimsOnAToaster »

Moat wrote:
RimsOnAToaster wrote:I'm a Barramundi Farmer...
I just looked that up - very cool... and good on ya'! :) I look forward to trying it someday soon - sounds yummy; https://www.thebetterfish.com/

Bob
Thank you!! They're really great tasting fish, and they absolutely thrive in aquaponic systems like ours. Blue Apron (a meal service in the States) actually picked up a massive order for a trial with their members and it looks like they're going to put it into permanent rotation! Couldn't be more pleased.

RimsOnAToaster

#43 Post by RimsOnAToaster »

ozsouth wrote:Wow. Vital files are vmlinuz & initrd.gz,
puppy_xenialpup64_7.5.sfs , zdrv_xenialpup64_7.5.sfs & fdrv_xenialpup64_7.5.sfs . Check for typos.
Sorry for going dark on ya for so long. I spent about a half hour dotting i's and crossing t's, but nothing worked. X still wouldn't start; more specifically, X would start and immediately exit back to the terminal interface. however, maybe that isn't such a bad thing? This computer is hopefully going to be used headlessly as a network drive, so maybe this is a good starting place for that?

uname -r shows that the kernel is 4.14.39, so its clearly working at some level. could I proceed to setup the wireless adapter stuff from the terminal?

ozsouth

#44 Post by ozsouth »

When next you boot up, run xorgwizard
& try some options - modesetting should work - not ideal, but sometimes that happens. Should at least give you video so you can try wireless easily.
Would need to create savefile on shutdown to retain settings. If that fails, its probably time to follow others suggestion & try bionicpup64.