Batterup - A Laptop Battery Monitor

Miscellaneous tools
darry1966

#21 Post by darry1966 »

OK finally got around to checking this I tried on 412 retro and it required libselinux.so.1 .pet here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=21514

Scroll down page.

Only thing I found is to get battery monitor to be update with having unplugged power cord I have to click Batterup restart monitor to update status. I presume this is normal behavior for this prog.

Yeah its a keeper. Thank you.

Mike Walsh

#22 Post by Mike Walsh »

rcrsn51 wrote:If it has no practical value, I will remove it.
Don't do that, Bill.

As you know, I, too, am using it in Tahrpup.....where your .pet works perfectly. An extremely useful utility; it has tons of practical value.....and the ability to set the alarm parameters is especially handy.

I shall be 'spreading the word' about batterup wherever I can, and directing members to this thread!

Excellent work. Keep 'em coming. Thanks!

Mike. :)

partsman

#23 Post by partsman »

Like so many other, good and useful programs, people have come up with for Puppy.
They seem to get overlooked among all the topics in the forum.
Something that just works never really gets much feedback.
Do not ever think people are not grateful for what you contribute to Puppy!!
Well said bigpup ! We tend not to say much about the things that work that
others have so graciously contributed !

When we should at the very least say THANK YOU ! :wink:
[color=red]Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)[/color] :wink:

DuMar

#24 Post by DuMar »

I use Xenial 32 frugal install on USB stick.

I never noticed how bad the default battery status icon worked because I had a battery that lasted for about 3 minutes. But some days ago I got a brand new battery and I saw the battery status is not changing after the computer startup.

I checked the forum for an alternative and stumbled over this topic. Bill (rcrsn51) provided me with version 1.7

It works flawlessly out of the box. When you unplug the power cord it needs about a minute to calculate the correct discharge. It dropped form 1222 minutes to 139 in one minute. I inserted an audio cd and it dropped further to around 85.

At 10 minutes the pop screen came up with a small beep. At 0 minutes the computer shuts down without save.

It took me more time to get rid of the default icon from the tray then to make this very usefull pet work. It should be a default app in Xenial.

Thnx rcrsn51.

bigpup

#25 Post by bigpup »

Anyone who wants to try Batterup should send me a PM.

Why are you not posting it to this topic?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

rcrsn51

#26 Post by rcrsn51 »

bigpup wrote:Why are you not posting it to this topic?
Because it needs systematic testing, not a bunch of anonymous downloads.

Just like all other properly developed software.

Mr.Spenalzo

using Batterup 1.8 with Xenial 32

#27 Post by Mr.Spenalzo »

I recently installed Batterup 1.8 to use with Xenial 32 frugal usb install. The bundled battery monitor was providing incorrect readings. (Although it seemed to work fine on same laptop/battery when running Tahr32.) Installed the pet and it works great, just as described. Give it a try. I got the lastest version by PM to rcrsn51. Thanks for this Bill!