IRC Chat #puppylinux on Freenode active?

Using applications, configuring, problems
HiDeHo

IRC Chat #puppylinux on Freenode active?

#1 Post by HiDeHo »

Hi all i have recently decided to try puppylinux out again.
Is the IRC chat on freenode #puppylinux sdtill used.

I have been trying to use it over the last month or so, at different times of the day and nobody replies.

if any channel ops or users have any ideas it be great to know thanks.

666philb

#2 Post by 666philb »

Hi HiDeHo,

yes #puppylinux is still going. it depends who's on whether you get a reply.
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

tlchost

Re: IRC Chat #puppylinux on Freenode active?

#3 Post by tlchost »

HiDeHo wrote:Hi all i have recently decided to try puppylinux out again.
Is the IRC chat on freenode #puppylinux sdtill used.

I have been trying to use it over the last month or so, at different times of the day and nobody replies.

if any channel ops or users have any ideas it be great to know thanks.
#puppylinux has always been plagued by lurkers....One of the time-honored traditions of being logged into a channel and never posting. Some have offered the view that lurkers make the channel look active...your experience shows otherwise.

But, stay logged on and lurk....maybe you'll observe someone logging in and you can say howdy to them.

HiDeHo

#4 Post by HiDeHo »

ok i get what you have said. I know thats how IRC works.
I remember when i was using puppy from 431-5xx that the channel was somewhat active with regular users. People would ask for and receive help there. it was a great community.

tlchost

#5 Post by tlchost »

HiDeHo wrote:ok i get what you have said. I know thats how IRC works.
I remember when i was using puppy from 431-5xx that the channel was somewhat active with regular users. People would ask for and receive help there. it was a great community.
I've had other users tell me it's pretty much inactive. IRC is great for immediate communications...but there is no permance...so unlike a forum, the great comments and help are lost unless one lurks on the channel and actively logs. Of course, on the other hand, a lot of the mis-information, wild guesses and bad advice simply disappears into the Great Beyond.

linuxcbon

#6 Post by linuxcbon »

Last time I went to IRC, I noticed some people who insult or talk bad or give bad advice.
So avoid IRC at all and prefer the forum. 8)