Am I to understand that I must use Busybox to use dpkg

Using applications, configuring, problems
PappyPuppy

Am I to understand that I must use Busybox to use dpkg

#1 Post by PappyPuppy »

I installed dpkg from gslapt, version 1.18.4, and it installed fine, and seemed to configure fine. I ran dpkg --configure -a and it did it's thing. I rebooted for some other purpose, then noticed Busybox running. So I tried it, but I haven't yet tried it without --root. I will try some time without --root.

But for now, I'll install the packages using ar and tar. And I will check control for scripts. I just want to know for my future use if I can run dpkg and why do I get the error dpkg: error: unable to access dpkg status area: no such file or directory. Not sure what it's looking for, other than available or status.

Should I try to initialize it manually? I will try without --root but I really don't want to install to the usual root right now. Perhaps I should. I wanted to keep an old version of a program still usable, that's all. I'll try to get it to work under busybox.

Update: I wonder how hard/easy it would be to add one more command line option --root to the dpkg. It would be nice.

belham2

Re: Am I to understand that I must use Busybox to use dpkg

#2 Post by belham2 »

PappyPuppy wrote:I installed dpkg from gslapt, version 1.18.4, and it installed fine, and seemed to configure fine. I ran dpkg --configure -a and it did it's thing. I rebooted for some other purpose, then noticed Busybox running. So I tried it, but I haven't yet tried it without --root. I will try some time without --root.

But for now, I'll install the packages using ar and tar. And I will check control for scripts. I just want to know for my future use if I can run dpkg and why do I get the error dpkg: error: unable to access dpkg status area: no such file or directory. Not sure what it's looking for, other than available or status.

Should I try to initialize it manually? I will try without --root but I really don't want to install to the usual root right now. Perhaps I should. I wanted to keep an old version of a program still usable, that's all. I'll try to get it to work under busybox.

Update: I wonder how hard/easy it would be to add one more command line option --root to the dpkg. It would be nice.
PappyPuppy,

You've been sent a PM.

Stop this behavior right now, and start posting in the correct section(s) and/o threads on murga-linux. Flash has already deleted multitudes of your posts from the past several months in this section (and the Puppy Derivatives section).

Puppy Projects and Puppy Derivatives are "reserved" for developers of pup-related and ddog-related and anything closely pup-related OSes. All questions/issues/etc related to those questions are to be posted in the appropriate thread for that OS being asked about.

PappyPuppy

Hey asshole, I posted to the Fatdog 7.20 forum

#3 Post by PappyPuppy »

Disappear for me, ok? Just leave, get out of my way.

I don't like you.

PappyPuppy

Re: Am I to understand that I must use Busybox to use dpkg

#4 Post by PappyPuppy »

belham2 wrote:
PappyPuppy wrote:I installed dpkg from gslapt, version 1.18.4, and it installed fine, and seemed to configure fine. I ran dpkg --configure -a and it did it's thing. I rebooted for some other purpose, then noticed Busybox running. So I tried it, but I haven't yet tried it without --root. I will try some time without --root.

PappyPuppy,

You've been sent a PM.

Stop this behavior right now, and start posting in the correct section(s) and/o threads on murga-linux. Flash has already deleted multitudes of your posts from the past several months in this section (and the Puppy Derivatives section).

Puppy Projects and Puppy Derivatives are "reserved" for developers of pup-related and ddog-related and anything closely pup-related OSes. All questions/issues/etc related to those questions are to be posted in the appropriate thread for that OS being asked about.
F k off loser!