What devices are not supported in puppy 2.14?

Booting, installing, newbie
Anand

What devices are not supported in puppy 2.14?

#1 Post by Anand »

Anybody tell the unsupported devices list in puppy linux 2.14 version

Thanks
Anand

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I believe a 1974 Dodge Charger with a 427 Hemi is not supported. :lol:

Anand

#3 Post by Anand »

Sir i cant understand your reply. Can you explain about that device

rarsa

#4 Post by rarsa »

It means that it's like asking, please tell me the books you haven't read or asking please name the stars that noone has seen.

From the universe of devices it is imposible to provide that list. You may want to narrow your question.
[url]http://rarsa.blogspot.com[/url] Covering my eclectic thoughts
[url]http://www.kwlug.org/blog/48[/url] Covering my Linux How-to

oldguy

Puppy Support

#5 Post by oldguy »

I believe it was an attempt at humor, saying basically something not related to computing hardware is not supported.
I am not a moderator, developer, or official forum support person but basically Puppy supports many devices. With all operatiing systems it depends on how obscure or unusual your equipment is on whether there will be support. I have support for USB devices to be better in Puppy than in Win98se.

The two areas where you might have difficulty are;

Printers - althgough it has gotten much better

WinModems - workarounds with various levels of success

The only thing I could suggest is using it as a live CD and see what works and what doesn't. That is the benefit of using a CD version before installing, or using it as a live CD without installing, you can find out whether it will work without disturbing your hard drive.

One of the official handlers may be able to point you in the direction of a resource indicating hardware support for 2.14, I just think it is easier to run the CD and see what happens.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

As rarsa said, It was an [probably ill-considered] attempt to humorously answer what I thought was an unanswerable question.

A 1974 Dodge Charger is an automobile, of the subspecies that used to be known as a "muscle car" because it had a big, powerful engine (the 427 cubic inch/7 Liter Hemi was considered to be the most powerful engine available from the factory for that car.)

Anand, it is much easier for us to answer questions about specific hardware. If I remember right there is a (probably incomplete) list somewhere in the PuppyLinux wiki of hardware which is known to work or not work with Puppy. I don't think the list has been kept up-to-date.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#7 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D