Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 18 Nov 2018, 08:28
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
A plea to Flash, Murga-Moderator
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
belham2

PostPosted: Sun 28 Oct 2018, 04:07    Post subject:  A plea to Flash, Murga-Moderator  

Flash,

Is there any way a thread can be pinned to this section where it specifically tells people to post their questions/discussions/problems about an OS into the respective thread for that OS?

For example, this "PappyPuppy" poster----who has been repeatedly asked in the past to stop this behaviour of continually posting individual threads about his problems and NOT posting them in the respective OS's thread, yet he/she ignores it and keeps on repeating this arrogant behavior. He/she knows what he is doing, as his mastery of English is obvious.

It is making this "Puppy Derivative" section a nightmare. This Pappypuppy has created nearly 50 threads over the past 12 months, and it/they push all the threads down (or off the page) of people who work hard & and create OSes----where nearly all of us respect the rules & post in that OS's section when we have problems/comments/praise/etc.

PLEASE---step in and do something before this section becomes a mockery. I've gotta scroll thru 4-5 pages just to find OSes that were made only 2-3 years ago---in the meantime there's 50 individual threads from this pappypuppy, not to mention others who (seeing this behavior) come on murga and think what this person is doing is normal.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 28 Oct 2018, 09:03    Post subject:  

My powers are limited. First, I can't keep up with every thread. I usually leave the ones in this section alone because they rarely need my attention. Second, in the case of Pappy, if he won't respond to entreaties, about all I can do is ban him. One of the things I've noticed about him is that he seems not to pay attention to replies to the threads he starts. He just keeps posting new thoughts as they occur to him.
I'll send him a PM and clean out his most useless threads.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: