Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 14 Dec 2018, 15:24
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Quirky Xerus 8.6 (Aug. 16), Beaver 8.7.1 (Sept. 21), 2018
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 61 of 61 [904 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61
foxpup

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2018, 10:11    Post subject: adb missing in Beaver  

In Beaver64-8.7.1 the binary adb is missing in /usr/bin.
It's needed by EasyShare.
I added it from Quirky Xerus64-8.6.
scsijon

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct 2018, 21:04    Post subject: Beaver 8.7.1 qt5 and /etc/profile  

I was chasing a qt5 (which i have installed) problem and after scratching my head I restarted with basics of a shell and a set command.

I found that there was no qt5 settings.

Chasing through a few files I found that the /etc/profile file has settings for qt4 and qt3, but nothing for qt5.

I suspect this will also affect Easy, Xerus and others.

Quickfix is to copy the qt4 part lines 18 to 23 (6 lines from if to fi) and paste/insert it below itself, then change the first 4 to a 5 and path changes which will depend on which you install of course.

No doubt barry will issue a new /etc/profile file in due time as i'm also getting a XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set error so there may also be a few other changes and additions necessary.
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct 2018, 07:25    Post subject: Re: Beaver 8.7.1 qt5 and /etc/profile  

scsijon wrote:
I was chasing a qt5 (which i have installed) problem and after scratching my head I restarted with basics of a shell and a set command.

Chasing through a few files I found that the /etc/profile file has settings for qt4 and qt3, but nothing for qt5.

Quickfix is to copy the qt4 part lines 18 to 23 (6 lines from if to fi) and paste/insert it below itself, then change the first 4 to a 5 and path changes which will depend on which you install of course.

No doubt barry will issue a new /etc/profile file in due time as i'm also getting a XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set error so there may also be a few other changes and additions necessary.

Note that /etc/profile loads files in /etc/profile.d/*

That will include /etc/profile.d/qt5

scsijon

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct 2018, 11:37    Post subject: Re: Beaver 8.7.1 qt5 and /etc/profile  

BarryK wrote:
scsijon wrote:

Note that /etc/profile loads files in /etc/profile.d/*

That will include /etc/profile.d/qt5

Agreed it's there in easy, not my beaver so copied across and removed additions to the /etc/profile so that saves some problems, maybe also transfer a qt4 there?

But qt5 won't build a number of packages for me with just the file as is and i'm not sure why, I suspect that either some others are needed to be added or the basic set of qt5/libqt5 package set (base plus dep's). may be missing one. If I add the /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu and /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu to the general path statement it is "sort of" building (but not completely to my satisfaction as too much is left in that should be trimmed out). I will look further and post back as I do need it correct before I update the qtpy packages.

EDIT1: It seems that the default qt5 is not including libqt5svg5 for some reason, and it's mentioned in quite a few bug reports as missing. I added it and my graphic program build is improving, just not quite right yet. I shall persevere.
Page 61 of 61 [904 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: