LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final - a Paradise Puppy

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
TTW

Lazy Puppy

#741 Post by TTW »

Apologies for posting here and in the LASSIE thread. Wasn't sure which is the most current.

I am interested in LazyPuppy but wondered if it supports my wireless card. I often have problems with the Broadcom controller when trying new puppy variants.

This is what is in my netbook:
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:4727] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Broadcom Corporation Device [14e4:0510]
Kernel driver in use: brcmsmac

Is this supported?

A separate question my current puppy connects to my home network and shared files using pNethood. Does LazyPuppy have something similar?

Basically all our music is stored on a hard drive connected directly to the router so it is available in theory to any device connected to the router. Not all puppys seem to be able to connect though.

Look forward to your answers.

TTW

LazY Puppy

#742 Post by LazY Puppy »

Best would be just to give it a try.

I'm not a network expert and the only network I'm using is my GPRS Modem to connect to the web.

Sorry, but I don't have any different clues.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

TTW

Broadcom Wifi

#743 Post by TTW »

Ok so I tried it and no it doesn't recognise my wifi card.

I would try to compile a wo driver but can't find the downloads i need

TTW

LazY Puppy

Re: Broadcom Wifi

#744 Post by LazY Puppy »

TTW wrote:Ok so I tried it and no it doesn't recognise my wifi card.

TTW
Maybe LazY Puppy OS is a bit outdated for your wifi card. Probably L.A.S.S.I.E. will recognize it?

If not, a post in the hardware section probably will be much more helpful on this issue. I don't have any knowledge on network and/or compiling and am also do not continue LazY Puppy OS / L.A.S.S.I.E. as I'm recently building my private Puppy Linux Systems temporarily avoiding any need to do a remaster.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

TTW

Re: Broadcom Wifi

#745 Post by TTW »

LazY Puppy wrote:
TTW wrote:Ok so I tried it and no it doesn't recognise my wifi card.

TTW
Maybe LazY Puppy OS is a bit outdated for your wifi card. Probably L.A.S.S.I.E. will recognize it?

If not, a post in the hardware section probably will be much more helpful on this issue. I don't have any knowledge on network and/or compiling and am also do not continue LazY Puppy OS / L.A.S.S.I.E. as I'm recently building my private Puppy Linux Systems temporarily avoiding any need to do a remaster.
doubt it my card is at least three years old. I am missing the kernal sources for Lazy and then I can recompile the rest

TTW

LazY Puppy

#746 Post by LazY Puppy »

RSH

LazY Puppy

#747 Post by LazY Puppy »

Since I don't have access anymore to my old RSH account and therefor I'm unable to change the topics title to 'discontinued', I'm going to post here:

THIS IS NOW DISCONTINUED AND NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE!

All my work done is by now combined and continued into T.O.P.L.E.S.S.
RSH

the last saviour

#748 Post by the last saviour »

I will use "LazY Puppy" until the "Judgement Day"
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D
:) :) :)
:lol: :lol:
:oops:
Attachments
Measuring up-Greater Fool.jpeg
(84.81 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
My people are somebody who will move to crowded city because I have promised them the refuge in the big UFO station.
Now I'd found at least 5 aliens who live in Thailand. They are from Triangular constellation.

ITSMERSH

#749 Post by ITSMERSH »

:shock: :o
the last saviour wrote:I will use "LazY Puppy" until the "Judgement Day"
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D
:) :) :)
:lol: :lol:
:oops:
There seems to be a few more probably, as I noticed the views (DE & EN) are increasing constantly. I assume they are using the LP2 Firefox SFS Module to visit the forum generally. LazY Puppy and this LP2 Firefox SFS Module gives easy and quick access to the forum by entering the LazY Puppy Topics (DE & EN) immediately.

If so, GOOD! :wink: :D

Statistics:

10.10.2018: DE = 404,273 EN = 411,135 views... 8)