first post!!!!

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
amish

first post!!!!

#1 Post by amish »

sorry :) </idiot> thanks john, christmas in february!

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Cool. I'm going to go collect my Pizzapup stuff and move what I can over here.

EDIT: Nah, changed my mind. Most of theme are actually standard Puppy problems.

This will save me time, because I won't feel so obligated to browse the other sections of the forum, which have been very time consuming this week. I don't want to leave, though, so this section and the projects section will make things easier. I can just check them regularly and let the rest keep up with itself. :)
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

amish

#3 Post by amish »

Most of theme are actually standard Puppy problems.
quite right, i think. but then this is in the main puppy forum... so it fits.

this forum has the potential to make it a lot easier for people to find info on derivatives. it's also free "advertising." use it well :)

hopefully, it will help color your decisions on where to post about pizzaspup. i put great stock in puppy derivatives, and i'm excited about this. you shouldn't feel unwelcome because it's a *separate* subforum, you should be glad (imo!) that there is a place specifically for you Here. i hope we see You in a lot of subforums, regardless :)

if i had the ability i'd move my grabd unified puppy posts here. that sure is better than suggestions :| ah well!

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

EDIT: Nah, changed my mind. Most of theme are actually standard Puppy problems.
That was code for "I'm tired, lazy, almost sick, and want to go play Wesnoth instead of digging up a bunch of old threads." :wink:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#5 Post by JohnMurga »

I am open to creating sub-forums in here too ...

Cheers
JohnM

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Pizza (and anyone else who makes a Puppy derivative,) how's this: if I see a post somewhere else in the forum, that seems to me to be mostly about the changes you made to customize Puppy, I'll move the post to this forum. If it seems to me to be of more general interest, I'll leave it in the main forum. If any moderator sees a post he or she thinks ought to be somewhere else, I recommend to go ahead and move it. It can always be moved back, and no harm done. Is that okay? :)

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#7 Post by JohnMurga »

Flash wrote:Pizza (and anyone else who makes a Puppy derivative,) how's this: if I see a post somewhere else in the forum, that seems to me to be mostly about the changes you made to customize Puppy, I'll move the post to this forum. If it seems to me to be of more general interest, I'll leave it in the main forum. If any moderator sees a post he or she thinks ought to be somewhere else, I recommend to go ahead and move it. It can always be moved back, and no harm done. Is that okay? :)
It might be good to leave the "shadow post", so that people know where their original post went to ... At least for now.

Cheers
JohnM

amish

#8 Post by amish »

flash: that's not a bad idea, but i hope you'll wait a bit and see how things pan out. when i go to visit my parents, all the old familiar experiences come back... mom insists on going through my things and putting them where she is SURE they are easier to find, and then i can never find them. plus, this subforum is a REALLY good idea, and if you get organzation happy, it might lead to more people complaining that things are WRONG and conspiracy is afoot (or anarm or aleg...)

maybe for now, let them adjust to the idea, and choose the best place to put a post on their own? i'm in favor of this subforum, i think it can help it make things eaiser to find, but there are NOT a lot of posts yet about other puplets that i can see. or maybe there are- **on the other hand** if someone says "hey, could you keep a lookout on posts about my _____ puplet and move them here?" that's sort of a greenlight for you, pizzas probably won't object (?) and there are not so many puplets that it would be hard to keep track who's asked. mu, pizzas, rudy, nathan (bet he wouldnt mind,) lobster never posts about tmxxine anyway. take a break, relax, let others warm up to this idea first, imo.
sadly, it is not possible to separate politics from free software. free software - politics = unfree software.

amish

#9 Post by amish »

a quick glance at the subforum shows how far that appeal went.

little of a good thing goes a long way, sometimes- don't you think posts like "Litepup-2.14 (62.2 MB) - available to dowload" belong in announcements, where they're posted? maybe support/request posts belong here, but announcements too? i thought this was about getting organized. ah well.

debernardis

#10 Post by debernardis »

I stumbled upon this thread only now... that's OK for me. Flash if you have time you could transfer everything rudy-related here.
EDIT: Ah, you did it already :P

Pizzasgood

#11 Post by Pizzasgood »

I can barely remember where I put things anyways. Usually I just use the search to find my old posts, unless it was recent. Then I use the "your posts" button.

I agree about keeping announcements in announcments, but I can also see why they'd fit here. Decisions decisions.