how do I get my photos as a screen saver in wary 5.5?

Booting, installing, newbie
tjosurplus

how do I get my photos as a screen saver in wary 5.5?

#1 Post by tjosurplus »

Hi,
I am a noob. I am running wary 5.5

I want a screen saver to rotate between my personal pictures saved in my documents folder.

I tried to download x screensaver, but couldn't figure out how to get it to install, as it doesn't show up on my list of programs on the install command.

Does x screensaver work with wary 5.5? Is there another screensaver program that works with wary 5.5? Or is there a way to change the original screen saver to show one or more of my pictures?

thanks!
dave

watchdog

#2 Post by watchdog »

I do not know about screensaver. For slideshow in wary I should use gpicview-0.2.3-w5.pet:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 949#648949

mikeslr

Possibly Turning gpicview into a Screensaver

#3 Post by mikeslr »

I'm currently running Xenialpup64, and don't have the skill-set to do it anyway. But PPM found a gpicview version for that system, and "download with all dependencies" revealed there weren't any. Just the binary and files necessary to execute it.

Sceensavers applications in Puppies seem to be 'few and far between'. And each Puppy would need a version of gpicview appropriate to it. But,

it should be possible to write a bash-script which wraps it in a "Do While" loop, terminated when some (any?) key is pressed. As I'm not familiar with gpicview, it might also be necessary to include in that script the selection of a folder into which the photos to be displayed are located (symlinked?).

Such script would probably work in any Puppy that can use gpicview 0.2.2 or later. https://blog.lxde.org/tag/gpicview/

mikesLr

souleau

#4 Post by souleau »

tjosurplus

#5 Post by tjosurplus »

Got it! Thanks for your help everyone! I just used the vnoir image viewer and pointed to my clip art folder and clicked slide show and it worked perfectly!

thank You!!!
Dave

phat7

#6 Post by phat7 »

Viewnior slide show != screensaver