Page 154 of 189 [2827 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, ..., 187, 188, 189 Next
Author Message
bigpup
PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:55    Post subject: Re: Usb modem Dialup
Subject description: Micromac usb modem MMX310g

goutam wrote:
Hi,

I have a Micromax Usb modem MMX310g.
Please let me know that what dot pet package should I install to connet the modem to the internet.
Thanks,
Goutam.

What type modem? Wireless or wired?
First bootup Puppy 5.2.8 with the USB modem not plugged in.
Then, after Puppy is fully booted and running, plug in the USB modem and see if it is detected and setup.
Also try setting it up by using the menu->setup->Internet connection wizard.
What happens?
goutam
PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 02:30    Post subject: Usb modem Dialup
Subject description: Micromac usb modem MMX310g

Hi,

I am a newbie.
I just download Lucid puppy 5.2.8 , Instant updat 001 and 002.

I have Intel Celeron 1200Mhz ,256 Mb RAM PC.
I have a Micromax Usb modem MMX310g.
Please let me know that what dot pet package should I install to connet the modem to the internet.

Thanks,

Goutam.
playdayz
PostPosted: Sat 05 Nov 2011, 18:41    Post subject:

PSIP, Puppy Phone, looks very exciting. The info is in this thread.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70867
To download click the link provided there and when you get Smokey01's menu click the red phone, and then download the Psip for Lucid.
otropogo
PostPosted: Sat 05 Nov 2011, 00:17    Post subject:

playdayz wrote:
Quote:
Yes. I normally just click on the video file, and gnome-Mplayer opens a reduced window and starts playing the audio and video. But after the update, clicking on the file only opens the grey gnome player task bar, with the buttons for play, rewind, stop, etc.. The audio starts playing, but no video window opens.

otropogo, Please try this: click the play icon on the desktop to open gnome-mplayer and choose Edit -> Preferences, then click the drop down menu for Video Output and choose x11, instead of xv. The update made the change from x11 to xv because DVD menus do not display properly in x11, so it is kind of a no win situation.


Yes. That did the trick. Video is back. Thanks
bigpup
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 21:45    Post subject:

I finally figured out why I keep having problems running Puppy 5.2.8 on this laptop I have.
playdayz
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 20:09    Post subject:

Here is the cool wallpaper from swiatmar that is new in Instant Update 002 for Lucid 5.2.8.

more by swiatmar and others -> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=577958#577958
majorfoo
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 20:05    Post subject:

playdayz wrote:

The different numbering is because Three-Headed Dog is not the successor to Lucid 5.2.8. Rather it is an experiment, using a newer kernel. That is why it is luci instead of lupu, so it doesn't accidentally overwrite someone's Lucid. I also put it into Puppy Derivatives for that reason. (That is not to say that anything is wrong with it--I use it myself.) I will pm you when I need a tester for the Three-Headed Dog update Wink


Will also help in testing when you get it in 3HD

majorfoo
playdayz
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:45    Post subject:

Sage wrote:
Quote:
luci-001, Three-Headed Dog

Ah ha!Yes that's the one. Got me (and a bunch of others) really confused.
Wiped the lot and reinstalled - seems to work now. Think there was a hardware issue too so changed the cpu for safety. Thanks for your swiftness, though - appreciated.


Sage, I am sorry that happened. I will put a message in bold red with the update.

This update is not for luci-001 Three-Headed Dog.

The different numbering is because Three-Headed Dog is not the successor to Lucid 5.2.8. Rather it is an experiment, using a newer kernel. That is why it is luci instead of lupu, so it doesn't accidentally overwrite someone's Lucid. I also put it into Puppy Derivatives for that reason. (That is not to say that anything is wrong with it--I use it myself.) I will pm you when I need a tester for the Three-Headed Dog update Wink
Sage
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:44    Post subject:

Quote:
luci-001, Three-Headed Dog

Ah ha!Yes that's the one. Got me (and a bunch of others) really confused.
Wiped the lot and reinstalled - seems to work now. Think there was a hardware issue too so changed the cpu for safety. Thanks for your swiftness, though - appreciated.
playdayz
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:41    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes. I normally just click on the video file, and gnome-Mplayer opens a reduced window and starts playing the audio and video. But after the update, clicking on the file only opens the grey gnome player task bar, with the buttons for play, rewind, stop, etc.. The audio starts playing, but no video window opens.

otropogo, Please try this: click the play icon on the desktop to open gnome-mplayer and choose Edit -> Preferences, then click the drop down menu for Video Output and choose x11, instead of xv. The update made the change from x11 to xv because DVD menus do not display properly in x11, so it is kind of a no win situation.
otropogo
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:38    Post subject:

playdayz wrote:
Quote:
I can no longer view mp4 or flv video with Puppy after installing multimedia update #002.

I get an audio popup, but no video, and almost all of the options are greyed out.

otropogo, I just played several kinds of mp4's with the update. Are you clicking the video file to play with gnome-mplayer? I am not sure what you mean by "an audio popup and options grayed out." How are you playing the video's?


Yes. I normally just click on the video file, and gnome-Mplayer opens a reduced window and starts playing the audio and video. But after the update, clicking on the file only opens the grey gnome player task bar, with the buttons for play, rewind, stop, etc.. The audio starts playing, but no video window opens.

IIRC, I had a similar problem in Wary, except that in that case, a yellow window opened for a fraction of a second and then closed.

Re: options greyed out, looking at the original gnome player now, I see that most of the options are inactive there too, so there's no clue in that.

The "edit" dropdown menu has only "preferences" active, and the "view" menu only shows "playlist, audio meter, and controls" active.
playdayz
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:09    Post subject:

Sage wrote:
Quote:
re-download and install it again

Already did that several times. Using 001, presume that's the same? Enumeration has gone crazy recently. Couldn't manage to uninstall - no routine. SiS963 S.Bridge with bog std CMedia sound chip. Looking into HW matters and will report back tomorrow.


Sage, by 001 do you mean luci-001, Three-Headed Dog? They are not the same update--the one for 3HD will come in a few days.. If that was the problem the easiest fix would be to re-install 3HD without wiping the installation so the default files were re-installed, if that is possible for you. Since 3HD and Lucid use different kernels there were some kernel dependent modules in the update--that would be the problem I would guess.
Sage
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:07    Post subject:

Quote:
re-download and install it again

Already did that several times. Using 001, presume that's the same? Enumeration has gone crazy recently. Couldn't manage to uninstall - no routine. SiS963 S.Bridge with bog std CMedia sound chip. Looking into HW matters and will report back tomorrow.
playdayz
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:04    Post subject:

Quote:
I can no longer view mp4 or flv video with Puppy after installing multimedia update #002.

I get an audio popup, but no video, and almost all of the options are greyed out.

otropogo, I just played several kinds of mp4's and one flv with the update. Are you clicking the video file to play with gnome-mplayer? I am not sure what you mean by "an audio popup and options grayed out." How are you playing the video's?

Add: I am also able to play mp4's and flv by opening them with Firefox.
playdayz
PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov 2011, 14:56    Post subject:

Quote:
Sound disappeared and refused to reload. Eventually, the network disappeared, too, and lost the tray sometimes.

I don't know Sage. We tested for several weeks on all kinds of installs, including Full, and we didn't see any of those symptoms. It was 5.2.8 you updated of course. Could you re-download and install it again, just to see? There was plenty of free space I assume. Is there anything unusual about the computer setup? Never mind the pet I mentioned.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 154 of 189 [2827 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, ..., 187, 188, 189 Next

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group